Santoku knife, a Japanese-style knife, is among the famous knives today. Santoku means ‘three uses’ or ‘three virtues.’ It is made for dicing, slicing, and mincing. It has a flat cutting edge blade and a handle in line with the blade’s top edge. In this post, you can discover the best Santoku knife for your kitchen needs.
- 1 Our Top Santoku Knives Reviews
- 2 Best Overall Santoku Knife: Shun Classic Blonde 7 Inch Full Tang Knife
- 3 Best Santoku Knife for the Money: Imarku 7 Inch Santoku Knife
- 4 Best Cheap Santoku Knife: Zelite Infinity Alpha-Royal Series Santoku Knife
- 5 Best Dishwasher Safe Santoku Knife: Zwilling Professional Santoku Knife
- 6 Features to Consider for Santoku Knives
- 7 Conclusion
Our Top Santoku Knives Reviews
The following is a list of the best Santoku knives on the market.
Best Overall Santoku Knife: Shun Classic Blonde 7 Inch Full Tang Knife
Shun Classic Blonde 7 Inch Full Tang Knife can be your best Santoku knife for your kitchen needs. It has an ergonomic and elegant Pakkawood handle. It can be your multi-purpose knife for all of your cutting tasks in the kitchen. This Santoku knife is the best option for a modern look with excellent performance and quality.
The Shun Classic Blonde 7 Inch Full Tang Knife is loaded with excellent features that can satisfy your needs.
Made from quality steel
Shun Classic Blonde Santoku knife has signature VG-MAX high carbon steel. This knife undergoes heat treatment which is an invisible but essential process. With the best heat treatment, the blade steel becomes stronger and finer-grained. So, you can expect that this knife can offer you the best properties that can make your kitchen experience more satisfying.
Handcrafted in Japan
Shun knife is handcrafted in Japan. The brand aims to keep the ancient tradition through making knives in Seki City facilities. This knife takes about 100 individual steps to finish. Additionally, it is also made from premium and modern materials and advanced technology to offer aspiring and professional chefs traditional quality.
Shun (shoon) is a concept of Japanese cuisine. In Japan, it is a word for describing seasonal and local food when it is at the peak of its freshness and flavor. Shun Cutlery is famous for its ultra-premium performance and excellent beauty.
Natural, light Pakkawood handle
Shun comes in a Japanese-style handle with a slight ridge on its right side. It can perfectly fit on the curls of your fingers for a secure and comfortable grip. The Pakkawood comes with high durability, is waterproof, and doesn’t harbor bacteria.
- It is one of the most visually pleasing Santoku knives you can avail on the market
- The blade of this knife is honed to a perfect 16 degrees
- It has an extremely sharp blade edge for reliable quality and performance
- It can be more expensive compared to other Santoku knives
- SANTOKU KNIFE: The Shun 7-inch Classic Blonde Santoku knife is an Asian-inspired cooking knife that's a favorite among cooks for its ability to easily handle all the basic kitchen cutting tasks.
- VERSATILE KNIFE: This kitchen knife is shorter than a standard chef's knife, light, agile and easy to maneuver with just enough belly curve for rocking cuts.
- HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Constructed with Shun's proprietary VG-MAX cutting core and clad in 68 layers of stainless Damascus, this santoku knife is corrosion and stain resistant with a strong, razor-sharp edge.
- COMFORTABLE HANDLE: The D-shaped, blonde Pakkawood handle is durable, beautiful, doesn't harbor bacteria, and comfortable to use for both left- and right-handed users.
- TRADITIONAL, ARTISAN CUTLERY: Inspired by the traditions of ancient Japan, Shun knives are handcrafted by highly skilled artisans to produce blades of unparalleled quality and beauty.
Best Santoku Knife for the Money: Imarku 7 Inch Santoku Knife
If you’re looking for a Santoku knife that is worth it for your food preparation needs, Imarku 7 Inch Santoku Knife can be a good choice. It comes with Pakkawood Handle.
It has a stainless steel blade. You can make this knife your perfect kitchen partner.
The Imarku Santoku knife also has impressive features making it worth buying for your needs and budget.
Professional Santoku knife
Imarku can be your efficient Santoku knife. It is handcrafted of German HC stainless steel with strong resistance against discoloration, corrosion, and rust. You can use it for your daily tasks in the kitchen, including slicing, chopping, mincing, and dicing different kinds of vegetables, meat, bread, and fruits. The knife is ideal for both home and restaurant use.
Another unique feature of the Imarku Santoku knife is its ergonomic design. It comes with Pakkawood handle for the best comfort, balance, and grip. The handle is designed to gently widen where it meets the blade for fingers protection.
Unlike other knives, Imarku is sharper due to its professional knife blade polishing. It is tested and proven to withstand the rigors of tough uses in restaurants. The knife has 2.5 mm thickness. It comes with a hand-polished edge 15 to 18 degrees on each side, which is sharp and durable to get the job done perfectly.
Perfect gift idea
This Santoku knife is also a perfect gift for your loved ones who love cooking. It has reliable performance and quality, making it the best tool for daily kitchen tasks. You can avail of it with a top-quality black gift box. Do you want to surprise someone special who wants to be a chef? The Imarku Santoku knife is the best option.
- It has a thick blade that has high durability
- The knife is highly resistant to stains, rust, and corrosion, making it long-lasting and worth it
- The surface of the blade is scalloped to avoid the foods from sticking
- The blade may dull faster compared to other Santoku knives
- Professional Santoku Knife: This imarku Super Sharp Santoku Knife is made of German HC stainless steel that resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration. It can be used for your daily kitchen tasks of chopping, slicing, dicing, and mincing of all kinds of meat, vegetables, fruits, and bread. It is suitable for both home and restaurant kitchens.
- Ultra-Sharp Edge: Sharpness is key. The professional knife blade polishing makes this Japanese knife be more sharper than others, and it has been proven its ability to withstand the rigors of tough restaurant use. The thickness of this kitchen knife is 2.5mm. Its hand-polished edge is 15-18 degrees per side, which is sturdy and sharp to get the job done perfectly.
- Hollow Edge Design: The 7-inch santoku chef knife scalloped hollow edge is add gap between the knife blade and the material being cut, keeping things from sticking to the knife blade, special for slicing, dicing, and mincing.
- Ergonomic Design: Advanced Pakkawood Handle manufacturing process minimizes wrist tension while providing a secure, comfortable grip no matter your hand size or where you grip. Special texture, smoothly. Compare to other Pakkawood, it is way more stable and sanitary, No expantion, no crack like traditional wood and pakkawood handle, which asures you the best food safety.
- The Perfect Gifts: The knife comes in a high-quality black gift box, making it the perfect gift for whoever you love.
Best Cheap Santoku Knife: Zelite Infinity Alpha-Royal Series Santoku Knife
The Zelite Infinity Alpha-Royal Series Santoku Knife can be the best knife for your budget. It can provide good value for your money. If you want a functional but beautiful blade, this product is for you. It has a good weight, full tang, and excellent performance for your kitchen tasks. The Zelite Santoku knife has an impressive design and quality, making it a good investment for your budget and needs.
Let us know about the Zelite Infinity Alpha-Royal Series Santoku Knife features below.
The Zelite Santoku knife comes with an impressive design. In addition to its beautiful look, it also has excellent performance and quality. So, it can be your long-lasting knife in your kitchen. It can be a perfect addition to your modern kitchen. The knife has premium materials, satisfying heft, and minimal slicing resistance.
Premium Japanese steel
It features an imported Japanese AUS10 Super Steel with 67-layer High Carbon Stainless Steel and a hollow ground blade. It also comes with a non-stick tsunami rose Damascus pattern and liquid nitrogen tempering so that you can expect its long-lasting performance. It is also rust-resistant.
Triple-riveted rounded handle
The Santoku knife also comes with a triple-riveted, rounded handle for extra durability and strength. It can provide you with a comfortable and secure grip for hassle-free use. The knife has a tapered bolster for best balance and comfort.
- It is available with 100% satisfaction or a money-back guarantee
- Beautiful design and excellent performance
- Good investment for your budget
There is no complaint about this Santoku knife yet
- SETTING THE NEW STANDARD FOR SANTOKU KNIVES >>> Impress Guests with your Visually Stunning, Extreme Performance Best Santoku Knife – Chefs Knife adding Refinement and Style to any Modern Kitchen! Minimal Slicing Resistance, Satisfying Heft, Full Tang & Premium Materials!
- PREMIUM JAPANESE STEEL – RAZOR SHARP >>> Imported Japanese AUS10 Super Steel with 67-layer High Carbon Stainless Steel that incorporates a Hollow Ground Blade meaning Non-Stick, Exquisite Tsunami Rose Damascus Pattern and Liquid Nitrogen Tempering ensuring Long Lasting Performance! Stain & Rust Resistant Chef’s Knife
- STUNNING TRIPLE RIVETED, ROUNDED HANDLE >>> G10 Handle Triple Riveted to the Full Tang for Extra Strength & Durability, Tastefully Adorned with the Zelite Infinity 3-Metal Mosaic Rivet. Ergonomically Designed Rounded Handles to ensure a Secure and Comfortable Grip! RARE Tapered Bolster for Extreme Comfort, Perfect Balance!
- BEST VALUE, PREMIUM PACKAGING, UNRIVALLED PERFORMANCE >>> Don't compare on Price, You get what you Pay for! Razor Sharp Edge for Maximum Sharpness & Safety. Meat, Fish, Vegetables, Fruit and more are Precision Sliced. No tearing or squishing, only Ruthless Efficiency, Every Time!
- 100% SATISFACTION or MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – TRY IT RISK FREE >>> Lifetime Warranty against Manufacturing Defects (only if purchased direct from ‘Zelite Infinity’ – check item is “sold by Zelite Infinity”). Our Santoku Knife has been built with Perfection in Mind. Ideal Gift (Christmas, Weddings, Birthdays, Fathers Day, Mothers Day), for Home Cooks, Professional Chefs, Culinary Students and more. You can’t lose. Limited Supply, Order Now before they are Sold Out!
Best Dishwasher Safe Santoku Knife: Zwilling Professional Santoku Knife
Zwilling Professional Santoku Knife is the best dishwasher-safe Santoku knife. It is a 7-inch high carbon stainless steel that you can safely place in the dishwasher after use. It comes with good quality making it worth it for kitchen use.
The features of the Zwilling Professional Santoku Knife include the following.
The Zwilling Professional Santoku Knife comes with quality manufacturing for satisfying performance. The product is made in Germany. It is designed with a unique formula of high carbon no-stain steel. With that, you can expect high durability and performance.
This Santoku knife can provide you with precise cutting, thanks to its edge angle of 10 degrees on each side.
It features an ice-hardened FRIODUR blade that keeps sharper. It is long-lasting and comes with maximum resilience.
The Zwilling Santoku knife is a balanced knife that can be your perfect partner for your daily kitchen use. It comes with an ergonomic polymer 3-rivet handle bonded perfectly to the full tang.
The knife has a laser-controlled edge and precision-honed blade for a perfect cutting angle for durability and sharpness.
Good investment for your money
This Santoku knife is a good investment for your budget and kitchen needs. It can offer you precise cutting and long-lasting performance. It has quality manufacturing, so you will not regret purchasing this dishwasher-safe Santoku knife.
The Santoku knife has 57 Rockwell Hardness. It has the best edge retention and long-lasting durability. With that, you can use it many times without damaging it. You can use it for cutting your favorite vegetables, fruits, and meat.
- It is a versatile and dishwasher safe Santoku knife
- It only needs minimal maintenance
- Features 10-degree edge on every side
- It is thinner compared to the average handle
- Some complained that it is not well balanced like other Santoku knives
There we go, so that is the list of our best Santoku knives you can choose from for your cooking habit. Each product comes with specific features, pros, and cons. So, we hope that you have already decided which is the best Santoku knife for you.
- QUALITY MANUFACTURING: Manufactured in Germany. Special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel. SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of solid steel
- SHARPER BLADE: Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper stays sharper longer and has superior resilience
- SHARP EDGE: Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
- BALANCED KNIFE: Ergonomic polymer three-rivet handle is perfectly bonded to the full tang
- RETAINS SHARP EDGE: 57 Rockwell Hardness = excellent edge retention
Features to Consider for Santoku Knives
There are many Santoku knives out there. So, you should choose the best quality one that suits your needs. To help you, the following are the features you can consider in buying the best Santoku knives.
Length of the blade
One of the top features you need to consider for Santoku knives is the blade length. Usually, a Santoku knife comes with about five to seven inches which are shorter compared to most Western chefs’ knives. If you’re going to buy a Santoku knife, make sure to get the length of blade that will work best for you.
Tang, also called the shank, is another factor you should consider for Santoku knives. It is part of the blade that extends to the handle. In full tang blades, the knife is one piece of metal and the handle wrapped around it. On the other hand, in half or semi Tang knives, the blade extends partially in the handle stock.
With that, full tang knives can provide you with superior durability, balance, and handling. However, it is more expensive.
If you’re making complex cutting or simple food prep, it is important to have a comfortable grip. Keep in mind that comfort can depend on its handle. You also need to choose between a semi or full bolster.
Another feature you should consider in buying a Santoku knife is the blade material. Not all blades are created with similar materials. Various factors may change the blade quality in steel, such as the number of folds, carbon content, thickness, and more.
In addition, depending on steel type, the blade can be sharper, stronger, or keep an edge longer. As you choose the best Santoku knife, you should consider the essential properties for you.
It is also essential to consider the cost of the Santoku knife before purchasing one. Make sure to choose the best quality knife that suits your needs and your budget. Luckily, there are many quality Santoku knives on the market at affordable and practical costs. Some expensive knives can also provide excellent quality and performance.
Quality and performance
You should also consider the performance and quality to get the best Santoku knife. You can opt for reliable brands of Santoku knives, so you have assurance that you can have a long-lasting, durable, and top-quality product with reliable performance.
Santoku knives come in different designs. You can get the best design that can suit your standards.
Many beautiful Santoku knives can be an excellent addition to your modern kitchen. You can choose the style, color, and design of the knife for a more customized experience. You can make a Santoku knife a perfect gift for your loved ones with its beautiful design.
By considering these features, you can get the best Santoku knife that allows you to enjoy your daily kitchen tasks. You can chop and cut your favorite meat, vegetables, and fruits with a quality Santoku knife. More importantly, you can enjoy serving your delicious family meals. In addition, you can also improve your cooking skills with the right Santoku knife.
If you love cooking, you should get yourself a high-quality Santoku knife. It can be an efficient tool to enjoy your cooking habit with your loved ones.
To sum it up, Santoku knives can be your efficient kitchen tool. If you have high standards for your kitchen knife, you can choose from the above product reviews. Make sure to get the right Santoku knife based on your individual needs. Enjoy cooking with your quality and high-performing Santoku knife today!