Throw knives are an interesting thing: In our modern usage, “throwing knife” refers to any knife designed to be thrown like a dart. They are great for a lot of different things, including target practice, self-defense, and hunting. They’re also a fun way to pass the time in backyard get-togethers and other outdoor activities. So, what are the best throwing knives on the market?
Our Top Throwing Knives Reviews
Throwing knives or knife throwing is the fastest-growing sport in the world. Knifemaking isn’t just an art form; it’s an art form that demands skill, finesse, and consistency. If you’re looking for a good throwing knife to improve your aim or add a little variety to your collection, you’ve come to the right place. We have created a list to bring you the best throwing knives for the money.
Check out the following best throwing knives:
Best Overall Throwing Knives: Expendables Kunai 3 Piece Thrower Set
One of the most popular throwing knives sets on the market is the Expendables 3-piece Kunai set. These are no knives you will want to throw at people, but they are a great set of throwing knives if you are looking for a good throwing knife set.
The Expendables series is well known for its iconic and practical weapons, and its latest offering is no exception. It’s a set of three Kunai throwing knives, modeled after some of the best from the franchise. The knives are weighted, stainless steel, and come with a nice sheath. They’re great for practicing your throwing technique or for putting an end to your enemies.
Even though the size may be small, the 3 piece kunai throwing set is a perfect choice for throwing knives. It is perfect for practice, throwing knives, and other sporting activities. The kunai throwing set is made of high quality material, which guarantees that it will be durable, safe, and fun at the same time.
- It is made from AUS-6 stainless steel material. Being made from the highest quality materials, it is impossible for it to chip off or bend when it finally hits the wood target. With this, you are sure that this throwing knife is built for durability and better throwing performance.
- It is easy to throw thanks to its balanced weight. Using the right throwing motion, you’ll never miss your target.
- It has remarkable sharpness for its blade. Unlike other throwing knives that get easily dull, Expendables Kunai 3 Piece Thrower Set is way fat than that. This throwing knife is crafted to perfection with a compound bevel as its blade edge.
- The knife’s paracord has a higher chance of falling off from its handle. The reason for it is the material being just lightly glued to the handle, so you may notice that it is slightly loose in its handle. Having a higher chance of falling, this knife may easily slide off your hands, causing an untoward accident. Make sure to be mindful when holding this knife.
- Crafted from the highest quality materials
- Built for performance and durability
- Made in China
- 12-Inch overall length
- Perfectly balanced
Best Throwing Knives for The Money: SOG Fling Throwing Knives
If you’re looking for a high-quality throwing knife, then you’ve come to the right place. You see, many of the throwing knives available today are not only inferior in terms of performance, but they’re also unsafe and inhumane to throw. The SOG Fling Throwing Knives are different. However, because they do not only perform excellently, they’re also safe and legal to throw.
SOG’s Fling line of throwing knives takes the already impressive SOG F1 line, one of the most popular throwing knives on the market today, and upgrades them to a more realistic game-ready package. When you first pick up the Fling, you will notice that the handle is similarly shaped, with a flattened end and a more pronounced handle at the top, making it easier to hold. However, this F1-like shape is only the beginning as the blades themselves have been modified to offer a more realistic throw, with a sharper point and an all-new blade shape.
What are the benefits of using this throwing knife? The SOG Fling is a high-quality throwing knife that you can use for hunting, fishing, camping, and other outdoor activities. Even though the SOG Fling is not very heavy, it is very durable and has a very good balance. The SOG Fling comes with a lightweight sheath that you can use to carry the knife. The sheath allows you to clip the knife to your belt.
- It has a paracord handle for better grip. Having the paracord tightly wrapped around the knife’s handle, you are sure that you will not fall off your hand to your feet or lose it.
- It is made with high-quality material. The full-tang stainless steel quality-made throwing knives are well-crafted to serve their purpose. With this, purchasing this product is worth it.
- It is available at a reasonable price. Aside from the quality of the knives, this product also comes with a repair and replacement warranty.
- It comes with a basic nylon sheath. It might be one of those basic holders that can be used to hold the knife and be carried via a belt loop. However, it is too basic, and prolonged use might not be possible. If only SOG had it made with another more durable type of material, the better. Other than this con, the overall part of this product is good.
- 3-PACK THROWING BLADES KIT: Perfect practice throwing knives for those who throw often and hard; use as professional throwing knives and get even more value per throw than pricier knife sets.
- 9.5 INCH FULL-TANG STAINLESS STEEL KNIVES FOR THROWING: More durable than generic throwing weapons and martial arts knives; each knife is crafted heel to butt in stainless steel with 7-foot paracord handle.
- TACTICAL THROWING KNIFE CONSTRUCTION: Well-crafted for many professional target throwing styles; no spin, combative rotation, recreational freestyle and more.
- MULTI NYLON SHEATH THROWING KNIVES CARRY: Ballistic competition throwing knives sheath; secure all 3 knives with the Velcro strap and attach via belt loop.
- SOG KNIVES FOR LIFE: Take care of your throwing knives and we’ll take care of you; we gladly consider repairs and replacements for properly maintained SOG gear.
Best Cheap Throwing Knives: Kershaw Ion Throwing Knife Set
There are a lot of “throwing knife sets” on the market today, so it’s hard to know which ones are good and which ones aren’t. It can even be hectic deciding which blades to buy since there are different types of knives, and each one is labeled with a different purpose. But if you are looking to buy a set, you will want to go with the Kershaw Ion Throwing Knife Set.
At first glance, this Kershaw Ion Throwing Knife Set may look like an ordinary set of throwing knives. But don’t be fooled. Kershaw’s ION line of throwing knives is a favorite of knife collectors and outdoorsmen alike. The knives are made of sturdy high-chromium 3CR13 stainless steel with a black oxide coating. The handles have extra-durable glass-filled nylon with nylon ting to ensure they won’t break, even if thrown. The blades are made of premium high-speed steel that is double tempered, then polished, and finished with a mirror-like finish.
Kershaw is a household name in the knife world, and for a good reason. They are reliable, well-made, and inexpensive. The Kershaw Ion Throwing Knife Set is an excellent choice for collectors, chefs, and outdoorsmen who need durable, reliable throwing knives for hunting, camping, or just for some fun. The Ion series is a new addition to the company’s line-up, and it’s a contender for one of the best throwing knives you can buy.
- It is made from high-quality stainless-steel material and blade coating. Its stainless-steel material guarantees the user that they are using a durable knife for a longer period of time. The blade coating is not just primarily for appearance. It also strategically covers and protects the knife from corrosion. It also minimizes light reflection.
- It has 4.5” razor-sharp blade. Its razor-like sharpness and compact size are remarkably engineered for safe throwing purposes.
- It comes in set at a reasonable price. With its quality and price, you have definitely made the right decision to purchase it. If you are looking for a perfect gift for various occasions for someone who is fascinated with throwing knives, this is the best gift for them.
- It has poor paracord wrapping. Like other throwing knives’ disadvantages, Kershaw also has their paracord wrapping poorly made. It is slightly loose and can come off from the handle. Don’t be surprised if the paracord will come off after a couple of tries. You can simply solve it by gluing it together. Why? It is because, minus the paracord issue, this product is already a great deal.
- The Ion knives are double-edged, spear-point blades made from sturdy, high-performance, high chromium 3Cr13 stainless steel. 3Cr13 provides excellent strength, edge retention, and corrosion resistance. Each blade is finished with a black-oxide BlackWash
- The Ion’s handle is wrapped in durable, sure-grip paracord. An extra-large ring on the Ion’s rear adds balance and offers a convenient place for attaching a lanyard, making it easy to remove the Ion from a sheath or target. All three knives fit neatly in
- Set of three throwing knives made of sturdy, high-performance 3Cr13 stainless steel providing good strength, edge retention and corrosion resistance.
- Razor sharp 4.5” blade specifically engineered for safe throwing.
- Black-oxide BlackWash finish gives the Ion a rugged appearance and extra corrosion resistance while hiding fingerprints and scratches.
Features to Consider for Best Throwing Knives
Throwing knives are a wonderful invention that allows you to throw objects at objects in a safe and controlled manner. You can take out any frustrations you may have with a knife by throwing a knife across the room or at a target. If that’s not enough, you can use throwing knives for target practice, and for target practice, you need to have the best throwing knives.
Here are the following features to consider for best throwing knives:
Feature 1: Balance
Throwing knives are a popular hobby for many people, and for a good reason. They allow for the less-than-ideal-but-still-realistic practice of throwing an edged weapon. All skill levels can enjoy them, can be set up in a variety of ways, and are a great way to spend time with friends, family, and loved ones. There are a number of features that can be incorporated into throwing knives, but one that is perhaps the most important is balance.
Along with its tactical approach and solid performance, the best throwing knives come with balance. And it is not just a matter of balance in hand. If you are looking to avoid the standard throwing knife wobble, it is also important to consider the weight of the knife in your hand. Balance is a key factor when it comes to throwing knives, and you can depend on the best throwing knives to help you achieve that. Having a knife that is balanced allows for easy and accurate throws while also allowing the knife to be used much more effectively and efficiently.
Feature 2: Bevel Edge
As the name implies, a throwing knife is a sophisticated tool for the human arsenal that enables you to throw things at targets. From throwing knives, one can also make use of specialized tools. In particular, a throwing knife that comes with a beveled edge is one of the features to consider for one of the best throwing knives. The reason is that this edge enables the user to throw the blade accurately and to cut while throwing.
Feature 3: Throwing Knife’s Handle
The handle is one of the features to consider for the best throwing knives. It is easy to grip and comfortable to hold. For those who don’t know, a throwing knife is a knife designed to be thrown. There are many kinds of throwing knives, from the old-style knives used by the early Americans to the newer knives that are made with a few different styles in mind. They are designed to have a good balance between weight and power.
Feature 4: The Product’s Ergonomics
The ergonomics: a feature that should be considered when buying a throwing knife is whether the hilt is comfortable to hold and what its dimensions are. The dimensions of the hilt can be the most important feature to consider when buying a throwing knife. If the hilt is too thin or too wide, it will reduce the distance at which you can throw the knife and may not help in the performance of the knife. If the hilt is too thick, it may also reduce the distance at which you can throw the knife.
Feature 5: Weight and length
You may have heard the term “throw weight,” or “throw weight ratio,” or “throw weight factor.” Those terms mean different things to different people, but they all essentially mean one of the major features to consider when buying a throwing knife: weight.
Weight matters for the way a knife feels in your hand, and length can affect how the knife performs when throwing. Weight, in particular, makes a knife feel “larger” to the hand, which can make it more difficult to control but also can make it feel more balanced when throwing. As for length, the longer the handle, the less control you’ll have over the knife, which can be good or bad depending on how you hold the knife.
Throwing knives are a fun way to spend some time with your friends. They are also a great tool to help you to improve your aim, as you will be throwing at a target instead of shooting at something. And the best throwing knives are what you buy to keep you going for a long time, giving you an enjoyable and memorable experience.