Are you looking for the best electric knife to add to your collection? Then you’re in the right place. This article review will provide you with the best electric knife listings in 2022! Before you go shopping, you might want to consider our top picks!
- 1 Our Top Electric Knife Reviews
- 2 Best Overall Electric Knife | Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife
- 3 Best Runner Up Electric Knife | Hamilton Beach Electric Knife
- 4 Best for The Money Electric Knife | BLACK+DECKER 9-Inch Electric Carving Knife
- 5 Best for Fish | Rapala Heavy Duty Electric Fillet Knife
- 6 Best Multipurpose | Cuisinart CSB-300 Rechargeable Hand Blender with Electric Knife
- 7 Best Cordless Electric Knife | Waring WEK200 Cordless Rechargeable Electric Knife
- 8 Best Set Electric Knife | NutriChef Portable Electrical Food Cutter Knife Set
- 9 Best Kit for Roasts | Cuisinart Chef’s Classic 16-Inch Rectangular Roaster
- 10 What to Look for When Buying the Best Electric Knife
- 11 FAQs
- 12 Conclusion
Our Top Electric Knife Reviews
Stainless steel blades are the best choice for an electric knife since they can slice and dice through most materials with ease. Also, it should be light and pleasant to hold in your hand so that you don’t cramp up or become exhausted while you chop through heavy materials.
Electric knives have received a lot of positive feedback from home cooks who have purchased and used them, so we looked to their experiences to help you narrow down your choices. In our search, we discovered seven top-rated knives that not only have thousands of five-star reviews but also gushing feedback from customers who explain why they deserve a place in your kitchen.
The best electric knives, according to customers, include a high-rated model, a cordless model, and an entry-level one. To discover more about them and get one for yourself.
There are several factors to consider while selecting the best utility knife. We’ve narrowed the possibilities down to just a few to make things easier for you.
Best Overall Electric Knife | Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife
Cuisinart’s electric knife provides the extra power that kitchen enthusiast requires for any carving or cutting task. When working with any type of meats and veggies, the strong motor and two stainless-steel blades make the slicing job much faster. Right- or left-handed users will appreciate the ergonomic handle, a tray made of solid wood with a safety lock system for storing the knife on a counter: the one-touch pressure-activated power button, and a place for chord winding.
To slice bread for breakfast in the morning or to prepare a large Thanksgiving dinner, the Cuisinart Electric Knife is ideal. There is no substitute for this knife’s exceptional cutting performance, advanced functionality, and butcher-block storage stand. Roasts and bread are swiftly and evenly cut with two full-sized blades. The stainless-steel blades maintain their sharpness over time. Like all other outstanding Cuisinart kitchen tools, the Electric Knife by Cuisinart is created for the home cook.
We have tested this Cuisinart electric knife as Amazon’s Choice, and it performed well on all fronts. Even with tough skin, it can easily slice through cooked and uncooked meat and veggies. Although our tester felt a lot of vibration, it easily cuts through crusty sourdough. The base, blade, and carving fork come with storage trays and cutting boards. The knife has an easy-to-use trigger and a sliding lock that must be toggled before cutting can begin. There are two blade-deactivation buttons on each side of the handle to avoid confusion with the trigger.
- A nimble and effective blade
- Precision cutting of lean meats
- Equipped with ergonomic handle
- Equipped with a safety button
- Comes with an extra blade for bread and carving
- Using the knife for a longer period tends to chip the blade
- The handle is prone to breaking
- Set includes 2 high quality stainless steel blades. 1 for carving meat and the other for cutting bread
- The butcher block holding tray stores the knifes and motor base when not in use
- The ergonomically designed handle has a one-touch pressure-activated on/off trigger and safety lock
- Limited 3-year
- Included Components: Food Preparation;Electric Knives, Slicers, and Sharpeners;electric knives
Best Runner Up Electric Knife | Hamilton Beach Electric Knife
This Hamilton Beach Electric Knife gets positive reviews for making slicing and dicing a breeze. This knife model has a comfortable ergonomic handle and two stainless steel reciprocating blades (each measuring 8 inches and 5 inches in width). You would not want to stop when you start cutting using this model. In addition to the electric knife, you’ll also get a carving fork and a little storage case.
It’s hard to believe that the Hamilton Beach Electric Knife is such a great value, considering how well-made and long-lasting it is for the price. When it comes to slicing meats and other proteins, the Hamilton Beach Electric Knife is one best. With it, you can easily cut through crusty bread or remove cooked kernels from corn cobs in seconds.
I would personally recommend this electric model for those who aren’t comfortable using traditional carving knives. Since it has an ergonomic handle and is lightweight, most people can lift it with little problem. The 10-inch serrated double blade, powered by 100 watts, is ideal for slicing meat with precision. If you’re anything like me, you’re in luck because this knife requires no sharpening and is a breeze to clean. It also comes with a storage container, so it can be stored in your kitchen without worrying about tangled wires.
- Great Price
- Equipped ergonomic handle
- Comes with storage case
- Only comes with one blade
- Perfect for Meats & breads: easily carves through everything from meats, breads and tomatoes to crafting foam for DIY projects; it's also a great turkey carving knife on Thanksgiving.
- Stainless steel blades and fork: this Electric knife features reciprocating serrated blades that create even slices and the included Fork is handy for carving and serving.
- Ergonomic Handle: designed to fit comfortably in either hand, The Electric carving knife handle is designed for Comfort and gives you better control no matter what you’re cutting.
- Space-saving storage case included: the Electric knife includes a storage case to keep the knife, blade and fork protected and easily accessible in one convenient place.
- Great crafting knife: can be used as a foam cutter in craft and DIY projects.
Best for The Money Electric Knife | BLACK+DECKER 9-Inch Electric Carving Knife
The low cost of this electric knife makes it an excellent option for individuals who are unsure of how often they will use an electric knife instead of a normal blade. When working on craft or school projects, the two 9-inch serrated stainless-steel blades cut through chunks of foam with ease. In order to prevent inadvertent activation while the device is plugged in but not in use, a safety lock button is included. A little foot on the handle makes it easy to put the knife down while you’re taking a quick break from carving. Dishwasher-safe blades make cleanup a breeze.
In addition to a comfortable grip handle, two blades, and a blade cover, the BLACK + DECKER 9′′ Electric Carving Knife offers an intuitive trigger that switches the knife on and off. According to customers, it’s safe to use this electric knife to cut bread since it prevents any unintentional wounds. Increasingly, customers are searching for the best offers available. Fortunately, the Black + Decker electric bread knife is a good fit. Despite it being inexpensive, this high-quality knife doesn’t skimp on features.
Durable stainless steel is used to manufacture the blade’s 9-inch length. The blade’s serrations make it easy to cut through a variety of bread (and other foods) with a single pass. It is completely dishwasher and microwave safe, and it never needs to be sharpened regularly. For safety and comfort, this knife was designed. The safety lock button is located on the handle to prevent the knife from operating while plugged in. A blade release button makes it simple to remove the blade as needed. This is a fantastic electric knife for slicing bread at an affordable price. People didn’t adore it because of a few minor problems. There were complaints about its weight, the motor’s size, and where the lock button was located, to name a few.
- Affordable and budget-friendly
- Cuts with precision thanks to its two blades.
- knives that can be put in the dishwasher without fear of damage
- There isn’t a carrying case included
- The operation of a safety lock can be challenging at times
- Stainless Steel Blades - The serrated blades saw rapidly and evenly through meats, breads, foam, and more. Plus, they never need to be sharpened.
- Comfort Grip Handle - The ergonomic handle is engineered to increase comfort and control during slicing.
- Dishwasher-Safe Parts - The removable blades are dishwasher-safe for fast and easy cleanup.
- Safety Lock Button - Get peace of mind with the lock button, which prevents the knife from turning on while it’s plugged in.
- Blade Release Button - One press of the blade release button unlocks the blades for easy removal.
Best for Fish | Rapala Heavy Duty Electric Fillet Knife
If you’re looking for an electric knife capable of slicing fish fillets without damaging the flesh, you’ll need to go elsewhere. When it comes to cutting fish with, the Rapala Heavy Duty Electric Fillet Knife does an excellent job.
This device can be used to clean and fillet different kinds of meat, but many Amazon customers claim it’s their go-to pick for fish. The carving knife comes with a dishwasher-safe blade and a 5-foot power chord so that you can use it from almost anywhere in the kitchen. “You won’t find a better knife than this one. A chicken, bone and all, was no match for me! Cutting into ribs and seafood is a breeze. Without ‘butchering,’ it slices through bread like butter! This knife is really gorgeous!”
The 7.5-inch blade is narrow enough to remove scales and fins easily yet strong enough to go down the backbone. There’s no need to worry about hand tiredness when using the knife, whether you’re handling a whole fish at the shop or cleaning up after a fishing excursion; when it comes to keeping the motor running at its best, an 8-foot chord and intelligent design help.
- Safe to wash
- Grip that’s easy on the hands
- Long chord
- Equipped with a safety button
- Initially stifling
- Cord is difficult to maneuver around
- Double the speed
- Three times the power
- Relaxed grip body
- Heavy Duty Motor
- 7 1/2" dishwasher safe reciprocating blades
Best Multipurpose | Cuisinart CSB-300 Rechargeable Hand Blender with Electric Knife
This rechargeable smart stick is a great option if you don’t want to commit to a single electric carving knife or if you want to get the most out of your devices. Slices aren’t the only thing it can do: The cordless smart stick may be used as an electric knife, a blender, a food chopper, and a whisk by simply switching out the heads. It contains a safety switch that prevents it from being accidentally turned on.
With a single charge, you’ll get roughly 20 minutes of run time. That’s more than enough time for most routine kitchen duties and is ideal for carving a turkey for the holiday table. With this package, you get a soft-sided zipper case to store all of the components when they’re not in use.
- a complete set of tools for mixing and cutting
- The full equipment comes with a storage case.
- Cordless so you may move freely
- Expensive option
- Chargeable Units can be sometimes annoying for many people
- Cordless, rechargeable blender - 20 minutes of run time per charge
- 7.4 Amp lithium ion battery with quick charge feature
- 5 speed settings
- Long, slim 8 3/4” stainless steel shaft with large 3” commercial - design blade
- Power handle with stainless steel deco plate
Best Cordless Electric Knife | Waring WEK200 Cordless Rechargeable Electric Knife
A cordless electric knife is a great option if you want to be able to cook while being able to move around while doing so. When it comes to the best cordless electric knives, the Waring Cordless Electric Knife consistently comes out on top.
The battery lasted a long time and recharged quickly, and it even includes a light. There is a bread blade included in the kit, which is perfect for those who enjoy making artisan bread. Waring’s warranty is substantial, and its customer service is excellent if you ever have an issue with your appliance.
The 7-inch carving blade and the 8-inch bread blade, and a slicing guard are included with this model. While charging takes up to four hours, the lithium-ion battery may run for up to 30 minutes when fully charged. In addition, there is a safety lock to keep fingers and hands safe. Once the blade has been completely cleaned, it should be rinsed in hot soapy water and allowed to air dry.
With the Waring WEK200, for example, you get a meat and bread knife. Using the slicing guide, you can ensure that your slices are consistent every time. There’s no other place to get such pinpoint accuracy. As a bonus, this electric knife has a lithium-ion battery that charges quickly, so you can get back to slicing bread instead of worrying about batteries. Superior vision is now possible thanks to the additional built-in LED light. This is a great option for people searching for a new, cordless electric bread knife in their kitchen. It’s important to keep in mind, though, that this item is really large and heavy. At first, it may be difficult to get used to.
- Comes with two different Blades
- Equipped with a Slicing guard
- Can run for a long time
- Cordless, rechargeable and portable
- Ergonomic handle minimizes fatigue
- Adjustable slicing guide ensures a consistent cut
- Detachable blades for easy cleaning
- CULUS, ETL Sanitation
Best Set Electric Knife | NutriChef Portable Electrical Food Cutter Knife Set
We recommend the NutriChef Portable Knife Set to everyone who wants the best bread-cutting experience possible on the go.
In a matter of seconds, you can switch out the two stainless steel blades that come with this electric bread knife. Bread and meat can be cut with ease thanks to two separate blades that are tailored for the task. You’ll also appreciate the ergonomic design of the handle.
The elegant wooden block is what really sets this knife apart from the competitors. The finest place for your handle and blades to rest is on this excellent hardwood butcher block, which has been expertly made by hand. Elegant enough for the counter but also compact enough to fit in a drawer.
When it comes to this collection, there is a lot to like. Although some believed it was excessively short or heavy, the majority of individuals were pleased with the overall design. Using the motor for a lengthy period of time can cause the motor to overheat and produce a lot of unwanted vibrations. However, there are no big issues. It’s a fantastic collection!
- Good design
- Best Value
- Compact and portable
- Vibrates too much
- SAFETY LOCK: This electric kitchen knife by NutriChef has a safety lock feature that keeps the blade in place to ensure your safety and to avoid injury
- CONSISTENT SLICES: The product makes consistent slice without the use of sawing motion or excessive pressure. Comes with a bread blade for bread, cheese, meatloaf, and cake loaves and a carving blade for carving a turkey, chicken, ham, roast
- STAINLESS STEEL BLADES: The two included heavy duty blades of this powerful motorized slicer knife are made with stainless steel construction that is made to last
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The portable electrical food knife also features an Ergonomically Designed Handle for Comfortable Handling and carving with ease. Can also be used in some vegetable like eggplants or squash, and for fruit like pineapple or melon
- WOODEN BLOCK: The set includes a Hand Crafted Premium Hardwood Butcher Block that can be stored flat inside a drawer or assembled for countertop storage. Just slide the black tab inside the slot found under the stand and place onto a flat surface
Best Kit for Roasts | Cuisinart Chef’s Classic 16-Inch Rectangular Roaster
To prepare your first large roast or turkey, you’ll find almost everything you need in this kit. Additionally, there’s a stainless-steel roasting pan with a U-shaped rack for uniform roasting and better airflow, turkey lifters for removing your bird from the pan, a baster, as well as an instant-read meat thermometer.
To serve, just remove the roast from the pan and use a sharp knife to quickly slice the meat through the tougher parts with a little touch. When making sandwiches the next day, use the bread blade to start assembling them instead of the carving knife.
The cord wraps around the back of the knife and keeps the components in place on the wooden stand that comes with it. Even if you don’t use it every day, you can keep it on your counter because it looks so nice. The blades are dishwasher safe but may be washed by hand just as easily.
- Good set for the roasting kit
- Dishwasher safe
- Slicer-specific support platform
- Expensive option
- Plastic casing handle
- EXCEPTIONAL DESIGN: The Cuisinart 16-inch rectangular roaster is made with a high-performance stainless steel exterior and riveted stainless steel handles. The steel rack is large enough to handle a big Thanksgiving turkey and perfect for slow-roasting root vegetables
- STURDY & STRONG: A sturdy rack with stainless steel handles allows elevated cooking exposure for fat to drain off of food and makes removing items easy
- MEASUREMENTS: Pan measurements: 16.8” Length, 12.8” Width, 3.4” High. Handles with rack measurement: 21.1” Length, 12.8” Width, 5.8” High
- WARRANTY: Lifetime warranty
What to Look for When Buying the Best Electric Knife
For many people, purchasing an electric knife is an investment worth making purely to use it to carve a Thanksgiving turkey. Consider your cooking and eating habits while weighing the pros and disadvantages of an electric knife, even if you aren’t the Designated Carver every November. With an electric knife, you’ll be able to carve roasts like chicken, lamb, or massive pieces of pig or beef much more quickly.
Dexterity-impaired individuals may benefit from an electric knife, which has two parallel blades that cut at high speeds in opposition to one another. Slicing can be made more pleasant by reducing the amount of force you must use when doing so—whether it’s bread, cheese, or fruits and vegetables.
This is an excellent tool for those who want to filet their fish. With a thin blade and the right knife style (round, flat, huge, small), you’ll be able to dissect your fish quickly.
These are the features or factors you need to consider in buying your Electric knife. Remember, not all Electric knives have the same quality and use. This might help you, so please keep reading down below.
Electric knife blades are typically stainless steel, which has numerous benefits. Because of its resistance to rust and ability to maintain a sharp edge for an extended period, stainless steel requires less upkeep than other steel varieties. Due to this, it may not have the same resistance to wear and corrosion level as other alloy steels.
The length of an electric knife’s cord is mainly dependent on how you want to use it. Because bread-slicing and meat-carving are the primary uses of a kitchen knife, a shorter cord isn’t a big deal. On the other hand, a cordless electric knife may be more suited for tasks like cutting a Thanksgiving turkey at the table or preparing meat in the garage. How much “free wire” you’ll need depends on how you intend to utilize this gadget. Think about it carefully.
Chord vs. Chordless
Electric knives come in chord and chordless types, regardless of what you want. Both of them can be beneficial that can make your kitchen task much faster and easier. The cordless electric knife can have a minor advantage against the electric knife with a chord. Maneuverability and ease of use are one of them. However, this type of knife usually can’t be used for a longer time. On the other hand, an electric knife with a chord can be used for a very long period, but sometimes a chord can be annoying to handle because of the length and tangle.
When cleaning an electric knife, employ caution as you would with any other electric item. Dishwashers can be used to clean the blades of most electric knives; however, the sharpness of the blades can be harmed. When using a cordless or plug-in electric knife, clean the electric part by hand.
Despite the widespread belief that electric knives do not require regular honing, it is necessary to sharpen serrated blades occasionally. This is in contrast to the more frequent honing required for straight blades.
When it comes to slicing bread, most people prefer a longer blade. You’ll need at least 10 inches if that’s you. However, others may find the additional length to be complex or burdensome. Eight or nine inches should be plenty in this scenario.
Multiple Blades or Single Blade
An electric knife can be equipped with multiple or single blades; I like having a single blade around because it’s enough to cut and slice meats and veggies. Precision and maneuverability are also good in a single-blade electric knife. However, other people may like the convenience of having many blades available at any time.
Do you want extra security? These electric knives have additional safety features to safeguard you from hurting yourself. If you’re looking for a way to keep things organized, consider a storage case or butcher block. All the choices have these, too. When shopping, look for qualities that are a necessity.
Ease and Comfort
Invest in a knife that is easy to use and won’t injure your hands. Many excellent utility knives are available, with perfect handles and razor-sharp blades. However, these high-quality goods are more expensive than your standard utility knife.
What is an Electric Knife and How Does it Work?
Electric knives are modern kitchen appliances used for cutting food. These devices can make perfect slices when used on different kinds of bread or cuts of meat thanks to the twin serrated blades that are clipped together on it.
When powered on, the two serrated blades rapidly and continuously move lengthways, simulating a sawing action that pierces and cuts the food item.
Is an Electric Knife Worth it?
Yes, owning an electric knife is worth it. While there are several advantages to owning electric, serrated knives, the most important ones are that;
·It’s considerably safer to use. In addition to coming with numerous user safety features like a built-in safety lock or two-button safety feature, it doesn’t get as hot as many traditional knives so there’s less risk of burning yourself.
· It also does a faster and cleaner job of cutting and slicing. Since it’s powered electrically, kitchen aficionados can expend less time and energy during the cooking process.
·Electric knife action is also versatile and easy to leverage. A higher-end model of these commercial kitchen products can help you cut through a wide variety of foods with the same precision as your favorite chef!
Can Electric Knives Cut Through Bone?
Yes, electric knives can cut through bone. However, this isn’t a given for all kitchen products in this category.
While a standard, restaurant-grade electric knife or commercial-grade knives might be able to cut through bone easily, most regular electric knives aren’t fitted with the essential site functionality to do the same.
Even at a consistent angle, most home electric kitchen knives are only suited for cutting slightly frozen meat, holiday roasts, chicken, crusty loaves, vegetables, and other food items in this category.
Do Professional Chefs Use Electric Knives?
Yes, some professional chefs use electric knives. This is relatively more common in large-scale restaurants that focus more on serving especially large plates of a variety of foods like roast chicken, turkey, prime rib, or steak.
The cooks may use these kitchen products to ensure that each serving is thin and uniform. However, on average, a professional chef is more partial to a good chef knife.
Why is the Handle of an Electric Knife so Important?
A comfortable, slip-free handle is important on any electric knife because it influences the handling and durability of the kitchen appliance.
The constant motion of the serrated blades of an electric knife often causes vibrations through the object. A good, comfortable handle absorbs much of this vibration and keeps your hand from getting unsteady while you carve.
In addition to this, it also makes the application of downward pressure more precise and distributes the weight behind your push more evenly. An inferior handle may break under the same pressure, rendering the entire knife useless.
Are There Disadvantages to Purchasing an Electric Knife?
Yes, there are a few drawbacks to purchasing an electric knife. First, they’re typically more expensive than a traditional knife. Also, they have a rather limited life span. The more affordable models also require extra care during maintenance as they’re less durable.
Sometimes a standard knife doesn’t cut it, whether you’re cutting meat or even bread. If it doesn’t, an electric knife can step in. You can easily slice and portion food with clean, precise cuts with electric blades. With the help of their motorized design, these ham, turkey, pot roast, and more carving tools cut exquisite slices to your taste buds. Our top pick is the Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife, which offers a wide range of cutting capabilities. The motorized handle and two specialized blades for slicing meat and bread come together in this knife. The beautiful wooden tray can be used to store the handle and blades when not in use safely. If you disagree, you might need to consider the other products on our list. They can surely satisfy your cutting and slicing needs!